Friday, July 26, 2019

Verse of the Day 7/26

Verse of the Day 7/26

 

Psalm 62:6-7 For he alone is my safe place.
His wrap-around presence always protects me
as my champion defender.
There's no risk of failure with God!
So why would I let worry paralyze me,
even when troubles multiply around me?
God's glory is all around me!
His wrap-around presence is all I need,
for the Lord is my Savior, my hero, and my life-giving strength.
  The Passion Translation (TPT)

 

In yesterday's post we considered how when we are going through trials we are called to consider, to count it as joy, knowing that the testing of our faith produces endurance.  I read today's verses in The Passion Translation which I've been using for my devotional reading in the New Testament and Psalms this year.  The pause after verse 8 in some translations reads "selah" which means to think calmly about it or as the TPT states, "pause in His presencse".  If we are to stop and consider or count it all joy, it begins with that pause.  It may lead us to pray over God's Word and think about what it means to us.

 

In verse 6 we read that God is our safe place.  It reminds of Psalm 46 where we recall it saying that God is our refuge and "very present" help in times of danger.  He is always near, He is within reach if we will only pause and stop to seek Him.

 

What kinds of trials or perhaps simply frustrations are you facing today.  Read the passage below in any translation.  Pause and think calmly about what God has to say to you in His Word and as you pray.   Then go out into the day and into the fray knowing that He is your safe place.

 

In closing, I'm reminded of the old hymn, "Day by Day and With Each Passing Moment".  It touches on many of the things that we've been considering today.

 

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

2

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

3

Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

 

 

 

 

 

Blessings,

 

Mike

 

Psalm 62:5-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my [a]expectation is from Him.

He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;

I shall not be [b]moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

 


 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: