Sunday, November 3, 2019

Verse of the Day 11/3

Verse of the Day 11/3

Philippians 3:13-14  I don't depend on my own strength to accomplish this;however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead. 14 I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory-prize through the anointing of Jesus.    The Passion Translation (TPT)

Our men's Bible study group will be starting a new series in the book of Philippians led by John Piper.  The overarching theme of the study is joy.  John Piper states, "Christian joy is a good feeling in the soul, produced by the Holy Spirit, as he causes us to see the beauty of Christ in the word and in the world."

In the book of Philippians Paul also talks about peace, hope and faith; all key ingredients of having this joy.  Today's verses may not often be thought of in terms of "joy" but it  is a requirement in experiencing victory and reaching for the heavenly goal.

The passage (below) uses of the example of an athlete pressing on and pressing through to victory.  To have joy in the various experiences in life requires pressing on and as the TPT translation states having "one compelling focus", fastening our hearts to the future ahead and to what Christ has in store for us with joy, peace, faith and hope.

Read verse 15 from the NKJV (below), may we have that mindset, "and if you think otherwise, God will reveal this to even you."

Philippians 3:15  Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.   New King James Version (NKJV)

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Philippians 3:12-16 New King James Version (NKJV)

Pressing Toward the Goal

12 Not that I have already attained,[a] or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have [b]apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already [c]attained, let us walk by the same [d]rule, let us be of the same mind.

No comments: