Sunday, July 11, 2021

Verse of the Day 7/11

Verse of the Day 7/11

Philippians 4:19
English Standard Version


19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

The past year and a half, dealing with the ramifications of COVID19 has been a trying one for most of us.  We likely have experienced illness, job loss and perhaps the loss of a loved one.   It is also likely that at times you felt "needs" that you had never felt before and wondered how this was all going to turn out.  We worried and we prayed, and hopefully leaned on and trusted in God through it.

Life can humble us.  The important thing is what we do with that, do we proceed in faith, navigate those waters waiting on Him and His guidance?

John Piper writes, "God's Spirit is supplied in an ongoing and powerful way precisely through specific acts of faith in specific promises for specific situations. Do I trust him right now to do what he has promised to do?….This is what is missing in the experience of so many Christians as they seek the power of the Spirit in their lives. The Spirit is supplied to us "by hearing with faith" (Galatians 3:5) — not just faith in one or two promises about the Spirit himself, but about all the soul-satisfying presence of God in our future to do for us, and be for us, whatever we need."

Hopefully, looking back on this past year you can see how God stepped in and supplied your need in unexpected ways where you can acknowledge that it was a God thing, an answer to your prayers and faith.  He has overcome and given you a victory.

The weapon may be formed, but it won't prosper
When the darkness falls, it won't prevail
'Cause the God I serve knows only how to triumph
My God will never fail
Oh, my God will never fail
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to You, Lord  (See a Victory - Elevation Worship)


Blessings, 
Mike 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Philippians 4:15-20
English Standard Version

15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. 16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.[a] 18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.


No comments: