Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Verse of the Day 7/14

Verse of the Day 7/14

Isaiah 6:1
English Standard Version

Isaiah's Vision of the Lord

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train[a] of his robe filled the temple.

You may have noticed that it is often the case that when things are going well in someone's life, they don't see the hand of God in it.  They will attribute their success or good fortune to their on efforts, "with a little luck" thrown in.  However, in and through challenging times, when we wait on the Lord, (as we've been considering) our hearts are more in tune with what He is doing and has done in our lives.

Today's passage is one of my favorites from the book of Isaiah and it deals with his vision from the Lord during a very troubling time in his life and the life of the nation.  The beloved King Uzziah, who had reigned for 52 years had died.  There must have been a lot of upheaval and uncertainty, but it was during this time that God revealed Himself for Isaiah and for us, to see His glory.  God had things under control then as He does not.

Oswald Chambers writes, "Character determines revelation. Before I can say "I saw also the Lord," there must be something corresponding to God in my character. Until I am born again and begin to see the Kingdom of God, I see along the line of my prejudices only; I need the surgical operation of external events and an internal purification."

It is when we have put our faith in God that we are able to see His hand at work in our lives and of those around us, bringing glory to Him in some of life's most challenging times.  From this passage comes one of my favorite old hymns "Holy, Holy, Holy".  God is exponentially set apart from us, His holiness is beyond our reach.  But He still cares for us and loves us and deserves our praise, early in the morning or anytime of day.

Holy, holy, holy!
Lord God Almighty
Early in the morning
Our song shall rise to Thee
Holy, holy, holy!
Merciful and mighty
God in three persons
Blessed Trinity!
Holy, holy, holy!
Though the darkness hide thee
Though the eye of sinful man
Thy glory may not see
Only Thou art holy
There is none beside Thee
Perfect in power, in love and purity


Blessings, 
Mike 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Isaiah's Vision of the Lord

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train[a] of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!"[b]

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!"

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for."

No comments: