Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Verse of the Day 7/21

Verse of the Day 7/21

Psalm 119:35-36
New International Version




35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
    for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
    and not toward selfish gain.

Today's verses came up in my devotional reading in the Psalms this morning and they fit right in with our subject of the narrow way and "right path".  The longest Psalm and the longest chapter in the Bible deal with the importance of following God's Word, getting our direction along life's path from the Lord through the working of His Spirit through His Word.  As the psalmist points out, reading, studying and following God's Word are not drudgery, but in them we find delight, we find joy, we find comfort, peace, rest and a host of other benefits.

In our fast paced world we are bombarded with all kinds of options and paths to follow.  They can be like rabbit trails and we can lose our way if we follow them and don't pay attention to where we are or where those rabbit trails lead us.  Selfish gain is often what first sets of on the wrong path.

Seek Him, follow Him, allow Him to direct your steps and find where it will lead you.

In closing, I'll post a few more verses that came up in my reading in Proverbs this morning.

Proverbs 4:25-26
New International Version




25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
    fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Give careful thought to the[a] paths for your feet
    and be steadfast in all your ways.







Blessings, 
Mike 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Psalm 119:33-40
New International Version

ה He

33 Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
    that I may follow it to the end.[a]
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
    and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
    for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
    and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
    preserve my life according to your word.[b]
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
    so that you may be feared.
39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
    for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts!
    In your righteousness preserve my life.



No comments: