Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Verse of the Day 7/13

Verse of the Day 7/13

Lamentations 3:26. New King James Version   26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the Lord.

In Sunday's post we considered how God stated in Philippians 4:19 that "God will supply every need".  That doesn't mean that all of our prayers will be answered immediately in the affirmative.  But it points to our trusting and that trusting means that we will often have to wait for the answers and may not even see them when they come, but they may be seen years down the line.

Today's verse comes from a passage in the middle of the book of Lamentations, a lament over live.  In the middle of it, in the midst of difficult times we have some of the greatest words that we can find that speak of God's faithfulness and His tender mercies.  They are words that we can hold onto and hope for relief and ultimately the "salvation of the Lord".

We wait and we hope.  We pray and wait some more, note that it says quietly.  While it is quietly it is not passively.  We pray and we look for guidance, comfort and God's mercies day be day.

I know that I have quoted it recently, but the current contemporary Christian song "There Was Jesus" by Zach Williams and Dolly Parton keeps coming to mind.  

When the life I built came crashing to the ground
When the friends I had were nowhere to be found
I couldn't see it then but I can see it now
There was Jesus
In the waiting, in the searching
In the healing and the hurting
Like a blessing buried in the broken pieces
Every minute, every moment
Where I've been and where I'm going
Even when I didn't know it or couldn't see it
There was Jesus
For this man who needs amazing kind of grace (Mmm)
For forgiveness at a price I couldn't pay (Mmm)
I'm not perfect so I thank God every day
There was Jesus (There was Jesus)
We may be in a period of waiting and hoping right now and we may not see it right now, but Jesus is there in the waiting and searching and hurting.  Go to Him for His tender mercies and the healing.


Blessings, 
Mike 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Lamentations 3:22-26
New King James Versio

22 Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,






Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 "The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I hope in Him!"

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the Lord.


No comments: