Thursday, November 2, 2023

Verse of the Day 11/2

Verse of the Day 11/2


Jeremiah 31:3
New Living Translation



Long ago the Lord said to Israel:
"I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.
    With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.

Today's verse is one that is good to step back and think about, to dwell on for a while.  The passage refers back to the "latter days" mentioned at the end of chapter 30 and the verse deals with the future as God draws His people together from the ends of the earth.

Think about God's love as everlasting.  It is enduring, strong, unwavering, unchanging and constant; all of these rolled into one as "everlasting". David Jeremiah writes, "The love of God is the strongest magnet ever known, the warmest blanket ever woven, and the safest region ever discovered.  It's a love beyond words, demonstrated in our Lord's death, resurrection, ascension and return."  It brings to mind John 3:16 "for God so loved the world".

I'm reminded of the old Christmas hymn, "Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne".

Thou didst leave Thy throne and Thy kingly crown,
  When Thou camest to earth for me;
But in Bethlehem's home was there found no room
  For Thy holy nativity:
 Oh, come to my heart, Lord Jesus!
There is room in my heart for Thee;
Oh, come to my heart, Lord Jesus, come,
  There is room in my heart for Thee.
2
Heaven's arches rang when the angels sang,
  Proclaiming Thy royal degree;
But of lowly birth cam'st Thou, Lord, on earth,
  And in great humility:


God came to earth with His everlasting love, for you.  Thinkk about that today.  Is there room in your heart for Him today.



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Jeremiah 30:24-31:4
English Standard Version

24 The fierce anger of the Lord will not turn back
    until he has executed and accomplished
    the intentions of his mind.
In the latter days you will understand this.

The Lord Will Turn Mourning to Joy

31 "At that time, declares the Lord, I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they shall be my people."

Thus says the Lord:
"The people who survived the sword
    found grace in the wilderness;
when Israel sought for rest,
    the Lord appeared to him[a]




 from far away.
I have loved you with an everlasting love;
    therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
Again I will build you, and you shall be built,
    O virgin Israel!
Again you shall adorn yourself with tambourines
    and shall go forth in the dance of the merrymakers.


No comments: