Sunday, May 26, 2024

Verse of the Day 5/26

Verse of the Day 5/26

John 8:12
New King James Version



12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

For today's verse we return to John for the second of the 7 "I Am" statements made by Jesus in John's gospel.  As I was having my devotions out on the back porch this morning, the sun was bright in the clear blue skies and the light was shining through the trees illuminating everthing in it's path and shining through many of the leaves turning the redbud leaves to a kaleidaskope of colors.The sunshine is a welcome sight after several days of rain and clouds.

We know from experience that light dispells the darkness.   We live in a dark world spiritually and if there is going to be any brightening it takes the love of Jesus shining through His people to reflect His grace.

As you step out into the light this morning, sing a song of prasie to the Light of the World.

Light of the world
You stepped down into darkness
Opened my eyes let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore You
Hope of a life spent with You

[Chorus]
And here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that you're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me

[Verse 2]
King of all days
Oh so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above
Humbly you came to the earth you created
All for love's sake became poor







Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 8:12-16
New King James Version

12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Jesus Defends His Self-Witness

13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true."

14 Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.


No comments: