Saturday, March 27, 2010

Verse of the Day - weekend 3/27

Through the Bible - Joshua 20-24, Luke 6:27 - 7:35
 
Good morning,
While reading this week, several verses and a few songs came to mind that revolved around light.  One of them was 1 Peter 2:9
1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;    NKJV
For today's verse we'll go to the book of Psalms as we often do, this time to chapter 31.
 
Ps 31:16 Make Your face shine upon Your servant;
Save me for Your mercies' sake.    
NKJV

Whether we realize, acknowledge it or not, we live each day "Corum Deo", before the face of God.  Our desire should be like that of David, that "His face" would shine upon us that His light might shine through us.
 
I was reminded of the song that I remember singing in choir and that has been sung by Michael W. Smith and others.  "Shine on Us".  May it be our prayer today.  If you know it, sing it out loud or in your heart in preparation for worship this weekend.
 
Lord , Let your light, Light of your face
Shine on Us  That we, may be saved , That we, may have life
To find our way , In the darkest night ,Let your light, Shine on us.

Lord, Let your grace, Grace from your hand Fall on us
That we, may be saved That we, may have life
To find our way , In the darkest night , Let your grace, Fall on us .

Lord, Let your love, Love with no end, Come over us,
That we, may be saved ,That we, may have life
To find our way , In the darkest night , Let your love, Come over us.
Let your light, Shine on us
In Christ,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Ps 31:
14 But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord;
I say, "You are my God."
15 My times are in Your hand;
Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,
And from those who persecute me.
16 Make Your face shine upon Your servant;
Save me for Your mercies' sake.
17 Do not let me be ashamed, O Lord, for I have called upon You;
Let the wicked be ashamed;
Let them be silent in the grave.
18 Let the lying lips be put to silence,
Which speak insolent things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
 
19 Oh, how great is Your goodness,
Which You have laid up for those who fear You,
Which You have prepared for those who trust in You
In the presence of the sons of men!
20 You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence
From the plots of man;
You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion
From the strife of tongues.  
NKJV

No comments: