Thursday, September 2, 2010

Verse of the Day 9/2

Through the Bible - Proverbs 2-4, 1 Corinthians 14
 
Good morning,
Yesterday we considered the "relevant church" and the "the God we want and the God who is".
As Christians, our God, is our Saviour.  What does that mean to you?
One of the things that has helped to convey "the God who is" through the ages has been music written to honor who He is.
As I was driving yesterday I listened to the Aaron Shust song "My Saviour My God".
 

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

[Chorus]:
My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be

 

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior lives, My Savior loves
My Savior lives, My Savior loves
My Savior lives

 

An important line in the song is "My God He was, my God He is, my God is always gonna be".  Who God is hasn't changed, doesn't need to change, and cannot be changed in order to be relevant.  For today's verse we'll go to the book of Hebrews.

Hebrews 13:8 (Amplified Bible) Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today, [yes] and forever (to the ages).

Jesus Christ will always be relevant because of who He is and that hasn't changed.

 

Hebrews 13: 8-9 - NLT Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas.

 

Blessings,
Mike

mikevw@bellsouth.net
mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Hebrews 13 (New Living Translation)

Concluding Words
 1 Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. 2 Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it! 3 Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.

 4 Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.

 5 Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,

   "I will never fail you.
      I will never abandon you."

 6 So we can say with confidence,

   "The Lord is my helper,
      so I will have no fear.
      What can mere people do to me?"

 7 Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.

 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas.

No comments: