Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Verse of the Day 9/29


Through the Bible - Isaiah 18-20, Ephesians 4
 
Good morning,
 In yesterday's devotional we considered what it means to "stretch" ourselves out on God.  This morning I read Psalm 25 and could picture David doing the same, sitting down and writing the following;
Psalms 25 1UNTO YOU, O Lord, do I bring my life.

    2O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or [my hope in You] be disappointed; let not my enemies triumph over me.

The psalm also shows that the one who "stretches himself out" on God desires His divine guidance.  For today's verse we'll continue on in Psalm 25:

Psalm 25:4-5 (Amplified Bible)  4Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.

5Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

Continuing the thoughts from yesterday, I get the mental picture of resting in Him after the triumphs and struggles of the day, waiting expectantly for

what He has in store for us for today and tomorrow.

 

Many songs have been written about this "waiting on the Lord", several surrounding Isaiah 40:28-31.  This waiting involves hoping.  Hope is a great thing to have, especially when our hope is in the right place.  Read the lyrics to My Hope is in You by Third Day.

 

To you, O Lord, I lift my soul
In you, O God, I place my trust
Do not let me be put to shame
Nor let my enemies triumph over me

 

My hope is you
Show me your ways
Guide me in Truth
In all my days
My hope is you

 

I am, O Lord, filled with your love
You are, O God, my salvation
Guard my life and rescue me
My broken spirit shouts
My mended heart cries out...

My hope is in you.

 

My this be your song as you wait on, stretch out on Him today.

Blessings,
Mike

mikevw@bellsouth.net
mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Psalm 25

[A Psalm] of David.
 1UNTO YOU, O Lord, do I bring my life.

    2O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or [my hope in You] be disappointed; let not my enemies triumph over me.

    3Yes, let none who trust and wait hopefully and look for You be put to shame or be disappointed; let them be ashamed who forsake the right or deal treacherously without cause.

    4Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.

    5Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

    6Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercy and loving-kindness; for they have been ever from of old.

No comments: