Monday, September 27, 2010

Verse of the Day 9/27

Through the Bible - Isaiah 12-14, Ephesians 2
 
Good morning,
Our family watched a couple of movies over the weekend.  One was "Letters to Juliet" which revolved around a letter written to a boyfriend that had been found 50 years later and made an impact even after 50 years.  The other (which I only caught the tail end of) was "Letters to God" which was about a child with a terminal illness who began a letter writing campaign to God.  The child became a letter himself to all that came to know him and were blessed to know him.
For today's verse we'll go to 2 Corinthians 3 where Paul is telling the church that they are his letters to the community to the world.  Each would tell a story.

2 Corinthians 3:3 (Amplified Bible)  You show and make obvious that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, not written with ink but with [the] Spirit of [the] living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

I've said before that our handicapped son Jeff has stated "hope is my favorite thing to have".  We easily could have lost Jeff in his accident.  He came out of it a different person.  More and more over the years we've realized, and this movie brought home, that he is a letter from God and is a letter of hope, joy, and love to anyone who takes the time to know him.
 
One of the songs from the movie was "You Give Me Hope".  I cried through the song as I saw how it applied to Jeff.
 
I look at your smiling face
You're so weak and yet you have such strength
You take a glance around this place
And you make the best of everything

Chorus:
You give me hope in-spite of everything
You show me love even with so much pain
So I'll take this life and live like I was given another try
M.m.m.m

We laugh, we cry
Sometimes we're broken and we don't know why
And I'm tired and I lose my way. You help me find faith
Ooooh

You give me hope in spite of everything
You show me love even with so much pain
So I'll take this life, and live like I, was given another try
Just give me another try

You give me hope in spite of everything
You show me love even with so much pain
I'll take this life, and live like I, was given another try
The question is what kind of letter are you from your church, your family to those around you.
In Christ,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

2 Corinthians 3

 1Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.  NIV

No comments: