Friday, April 22, 2011

Verse of the Day 4/22

Through the Bible - Daniel 11-12, Revelation 9
 
Good morning,
Good Friday as much, if not more than, any day of the year should show us the degree the magnitude of God's love for us.  Through Jesus, not only taking on flesh and blood, but taking it on in order to die on a cross for sinful mankind, God showed us His love for us and has given us hope.  He conquered death and in doing so rendered Satan powerless against all who are saved.
 
For today's verse we'll go to Hebrews 2 which speaks to us about the incarnation.
 
Hebrews 2:14-15 (The Message)  14-15Since the children are made of flesh and blood, it's logical that the Savior took on flesh and blood in order to rescue them by his death. By embracing death, taking it into himself, he destroyed the Devil's hold on death and freed all who cower through life, scared to death of death
 
As I read these verses I thought of Jesus, God incarnate, with skin on, I thought of how he lived for us, died for us, rose again and shows us the way to the Father, I thought of the hymn "O Glorious Day".
 
One day when Heaven was filled with His praises 
One day when sin was as black as could be 
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin 
Dwelt among men, my example is He 
Word became flesh and the light shined among us 
His glory revealed 

Living, He loved me 
Dying, He saved me 
Buried, He carried my sins far away 
Rising, He justified freely forever 
One day He's coming 
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day 

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain 
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree 
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected 
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He 
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree 
And took the nails for me 
While He did this for humanity, think of how He did it personally for you, when things are as black as can be, He comes forth for you and for me.  On this Good Friday, think of how he took the nails for you and for me.  Let us not "cower through life" but face it in the hope of life eternal.
 
In Christ,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Hebrews 2:10-18 (New International Version, ©2011)

 10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.[a] 12 He says,

   "I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; 
   in the assembly I will sing your praises."[b]

 13 And again,

   "I will put my trust in him."[c]

   And again he says,

   "Here am I, and the children God has given me."[d]

 14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[e] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

No comments: