Sunday, August 5, 2012

Verse of the Day 8/5

Psalm 62:5-6 My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.
6 He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.  (AMP)
 
One of the things that I appreciate about David was that he revealed his soul, his heart, his deepest feelings.  When he starts something with "my soul" we should take notice.  He is talking to himself and to us communicating his deepest feelings.
 
As we worship this weekend, may it be a time when we wait on God.  Cry out to Him, submit to Him and hope in expectation to receive from Him.  I know of many that are in need of healing, of forgiveness, of hope.  My prayer would be that these verses would reflect the condition of our hearts.
 
Andrew Murray writes, "It is God who gives all: let this faith enter deeply into our hearts. Before we fully understand all that is implied in our waiting upon God, and before we have even been able to cultivate the habit, let the truth enter our souls. Waiting on God, unceasing and entire dependence upon Him, is, in heaven and earth, the only true faith, the one unalterable and all-comprehensive expression for the true relationship to the ever blessed One in whom we live.
Let us resolve at once that it will be the one characteristic of our life and worship, a continual, humble, truthful waiting upon God. We may rest assured that He who made us for Himself, that He might give Himself to us and in us, will never disappoint us. In waiting on Him, we will find rest and joy and strength, and the supply of every need."
 
Many in our modern society are trying to bring God down as was the case in the time of David as well (v.4 below), may we resolve, may we do our best to exalt Him and praise His name while we wait for Him.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Psalm 62:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
4 They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.
    They take pleasure in falsehood.
They bless with their mouths,
    but inwardly they curse. Selah
5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
    for my hope is from him.
6  He only is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

No comments: