Monday, August 6, 2012

Verse of the Day 8/6

Romans 7:24-25 (HCSB)  What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this dying body? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord!  

Over the past couple of days we've considered God's amazing grace.  Paul would have related to the words of one of the most treasured hymns of all time.  In Romans chapter 7 he deals with the struggles of sin that would leave us frustrated, discouraged and hopeless were it not for God's grace
 
This verse marks the transition from the past struggles to the new standing we have in Christ.
 
 Romans 8:1-2(HCSB) Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus, because the Spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus has set you  free from the law of sin and of death.
 
I think of the new chorus that Chris Tomlin added to Amazing Grace:
 
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

We've been set free not for a day or a time but have been offered His unending love.  Truly amazing grace.

 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Romans 7:24-8:4  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this dying body? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord![a] So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.

The Life-Giving Spirit

Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus,[b] because the Spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus has set you[c] free from the law of sin and of death. What the law could not do since it was limited[d] by the flesh, God did. He condemned sin in the flesh by sending His own Son in flesh like ours under sin's domain,[e] and as a sin offering, in order that the law's requirement would be accomplished in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

No comments: