Sunday, October 27, 2013

Verse of the Day 10/27

 
Psalm 28:6-7  Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications.

The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.  Amplified Bible (AMP)

 
We've been going through some of the psalms of David where we've seen him describe the Lord as the Good Shepherd, we've seen how he's depended on Him and called on him with "relentless trust".  In today's verse David testifies that he knows that the Lord has heard his cries, his pleas and that he thinks of the Lord as an "impenetrable shield".  No matter what the enemies or the devil may throw at him he knows that nothing can truly harm him where it counts, in his heart and in his soul.
 
These thoughts lead him into song.  David has a case of the "can't help its", he can't help but sing and rejoice in praise to his LORD.  These thoughts lead me to the Matt Redman song that we often sing in praise and worship to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  May our hearts trust in, rely on and confidently lean on Him and in so doing, be helped.   May we be singing His praises in worship this morning and when the day is done.
 
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes


You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
 
Read the passage from The Message below.  Has He proved that He's on your side?  Will you throw your lot in with Him?
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 28:6-9

The Message (MSG)

6-7 Blessed be God
    he heard me praying.
He proved he's on my side;
    I've thrown my lot in with him.

Now I'm jumping for joy,
    and shouting and singing my thanks to him.

8-9 God is all strength for his people,
    ample refuge for his chosen leader;
Save your people
    and bless your heritage.
Care for them;
    carry them like a good shepherd.

No comments: