Saturday, October 5, 2013

Verse of the Day 10/5

 
Romans 15:33  May the God of peace be with you all. Amen.    English Standard Version (ESV)
 
In yesterday's devotional we were encouraged to "keep believing".  In the verse< Romans 15:13, Paul referred to the Lord as the God of hope.  God is the source of eternal hope, eternal life, our salvation, and should be the object of hope for all of us as believers.  In today's verse, a benediction, Paul is reminding his readers and us that our Lord, our God, this God of hope is also the God of peace.  These realities, these benefits are available to us if we "keep believing".
 
In my devotions this morning I was reading in Mark 11:22-24 "And Jesus answered them, "Have faith in God. 23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received[a] it, and it will be yours." ESV
 
You have probably heard people say that it doesn't matter who or what you believe in as long as you have faith.  The Bible, and life as a Christian teaches us something totally, radically different.  It makes all the difference in the world who you have faith in, who you trust and who gives you hope.  Jesus said "have faith in God", believe in Him, trust in Him, hope in Him and marvelous things will be done for you.  I know, in my life I've seen many answers to prayer that the world can't explain or account for, but I can, our family can, it is faith in Christ.
 
Keep believing and "oh yes", may the God of peace be with "y'all".
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Romans 15:30-33

The Message (MSG)

30-33 I have one request, dear friends: Pray for me. Pray strenuously with and for me—to God the Father, through the power of our Master Jesus, through the love of the Spirit—that I will be delivered from the lions' den of unbelievers in Judea. Pray also that my relief offering to the Jerusalem believers will be accepted in the spirit in which it is given. Then, God willing, I'll be on my way to you with a light and eager heart, looking forward to being refreshed by your company. God's peace be with all of you. Oh, yes!

No comments: