Sunday, October 6, 2013

Verse of the Day 10/6

 
Romans 16:25-27  Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages 26 but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.  English Standard Version (ESV)
 
Today we'll conclude our walk through the book of Romans with Paul's doxology, his anthem to Jesus Christ and the only wise God, the One that is able to strengthen you for whatever may come whatever we may face.
 
Yesterday, I went for a walk and was thinking how surprised I was that I hadn't become emotional about the weekend, that was until I listened to Chris Tomlin's song "I Will Rise" as I was walking.  Tears came flooding down my cheeks as I walked and as I sang along.  The song is an anthem to all of those who are in Christ, who have suffered from illness, injury and loss.  At some point we will all face pain, suffering and loss in this life.  The song points to our realization that "we will rise on eagles wings" at some point beyond the circumstances, to be with Him.
 
14 years ago today our family's  lives were turned upside down.  In the following weeks both Jean and I woke to  the song "It is Well With My Soul" at different times.  Preparing us, giving a hope for a peace that we would come to know through the dark days ahead.  May Chris Tomlin's song and these verses serve as a benediction, as an anthem to our faith in Christ from all of the family of God.
 
There's a peace I've come to know 
Though my heart and flesh may fail 
There's an anchor for my soul 
I can say "It is well" 

Jesus has overcome 
And the grave is overwhelmed 
The victory is won 
He is risen from the dead 

[Chorus:] 
And I will rise when He calls my name 
No more sorrow, no more pain 
I will rise on eagles' wings 
Before my God fall on my knees 
And rise 
I will rise 

There's a day that's drawing near 
When this darkness breaks to light 
And the shadows disappear 
And my faith shall be my eyes 

Jesus has overcome 
And the grave is overwhelmed 
The victory is won 
He is risen from the dead 

[Chorus:] 
And I will rise when He calls my name 
No more sorrow, no more pain 
I will rise on eagles' wings 
Before my God fall on my knees 
And rise 
I will rise 
 
If you are in need today, call on the One who is strong enough to make you strong today and for eternity.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Romans 16:25-27

The Message (MSG)

25-26 All of our praise rises to the One who is strong enough to make you strong, exactly as preached in Jesus Christ, precisely as revealed in the mystery kept secret for so long but now an open book through the prophetic Scriptures. All the nations of the world can now know the truth and be brought into obedient belief, carrying out the orders of God, who got all this started, down to the very last letter.

27 All our praise is focused through Jesus on this incomparably wise God! Yes!

No comments: