Sunday, December 1, 2013

Verse of the Day 12/1

 
John 14:1-2  "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  New Living Translation (NLT)
 
Today we begin the Advent Season.  I read today's verses in my devotions this morning and as I read them the thoughts of "enough room" caught my attention.  This verse may not often be thought of in terms of advent, but reading these words brought to mind a couple of the Christmas hymns that we will be hearing and singing over the coming weeks.  One of them is the familiar "Joy to the World" and in relation to these verses the stanza that states "let every heart prepare Him room".  In all of the hustle and bustle of the season we all need to be aware of the reason for the season and to truly make room in our hearts for the One that made it all possible.
 
The verses also remind us that in this world we will face troubles, trials and temptations but we are encouraged and challenged to hold on, hold fast to our faith.  Why?  Because He has a mansion with many rooms, one of them custom designed for us for eternity to live with Him for those who have made room in their hearts for Him here on earth.
 
As we head into this season, may we make room, keep room in our hearts for Him, in doing so we will also be making room in our hearts for others.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

John 14:1-4

The Message (MSG)

The Road

14 1-4 "Don't let this throw you. You trust God, don't you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father's home. If that weren't so, would I have told you that I'm on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I'm on my way to get your room ready, I'll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I'm taking."

No comments: