Monday, January 19, 2015

Verse of the Day 1/19

 
Micah 4:6-7 "In that coming day," says the Lord,
"I will gather together those who are lame,
    those who have been exiles,
    and those whom I have filled with grief.
7 Those who are weak will survive as a remnant;
    those who were exiles will become a strong nation.
Then I, the Lord, will rule from Jerusalem[a]
    as their king forever."  New Living Translation (NLT)
 
My wife Jean and I were by some friends home the other night with a group of couples and we went through some questions designed to be conversation starters.  One question was what event; past present or future would you like to witness?  Some thought of Biblical events from the Bible such as the parting of the Red Sea or the ascension of Jesus to heaven and others spoke of His return as well as other significant world events.  Personally, I look forward to when the dead in Christ will be raised and I will see our son Jeff whole.  I will see my dad being able to walk without a limp and be able to praise our Savior for all of it.
 
Today's verse came up in my Old Testament reading for the day in which I've been going through the minor prophets.  They are know as "minor prophets" due to the length of them, but their message and their prophesies are no less important.  The Message states " On that great day.... God will make a strong nation out for the long lost".
 
My wife and I have truly said at times "come Lord Jesus, come!"  It is with that in mind.  Yesterday in church we sang a modern version of "Be Still My Soul" which still ends with the original last stanza.  It is a reminder that though in this world we will face trials, but in the future, in that day when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed (and restored) we shall meet at last.
 
Be still, my soul; the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul; when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
 

Hebrews 9:28so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.  New Living Translation (NLT)

In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

 

Micah 4:5-7The Message (MSG)

Meanwhile, all the other people live however they wish,
    picking and choosing their gods.
But we live honoring God,
    and we're loyal to our God forever and ever.

6-7 "On that great day," God says,
    "I will round up all the hurt and homeless,
    everyone I have bruised or banished.
I will transform the battered into a company of the elite.
    I will make a strong nation out of the long lost,
A showcase exhibit of God's rule in action,
    as I rule from Mount Zion, from here to eternity.

No comments: