Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Verse of the Day 1/6/15

 Verse of the Day 1/6

1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  New King James Version (NKJV)

As I woke up and headed into the day yesterday I knew that it was going to be a challenging day.  As I prepared for it I read today's verse in a devotional and am thankful that I did.  It reminded me that no matter what I faced in the day ahead, whatever difficulties, that I had plenty to be thankful for and to be mindful of that and not to let the burdens of the day take that knowledge away from me.

I immediately gave thanks for my life,my wife, my job, my family and friends, a warm place to stay, food to eat, co-workers to help face the challenges of the day, and a warm coat and hat (even though I would choose not to wear it, bad idea).   Those things weren't in order of importance, they just came to mind as did God's Word and His presence as I had those thoughts and continuing presences throughout the day as the challenges were faced.

The day turned out to be better than anticipated, possibly because of the way the day started in His Word.  It is a reminder to start each day the same way, to Count Your Blessings, name them one by, at the end of the day it might surprise you what the Lord has done.

Lord, as we face the day today, may we look to you as we face the challenges of the day, knowing that you will make a difference in our hearts and give us the grace and the strength to deal with the challenges of our circumstances.


Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

1 Thessalonians 5:14-22The Message (MSG)

13-15 Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.
16-18 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
19-22 Don't suppress the Spirit, and don't stifle those who have a word from the Master. On the other hand, don't be gullible. Check out everything, and keep only what's good. Throw out anything tainted with evil.

No comments: