Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Verse of the Day 6/17

Verse of the Day 6/17


Job 23:11-12My feet have followed in His tracks;
I have kept to His way and not turned aside.
                     12 
I have not departed from the commands of His lips;
I have treasured[a] the words of His mouth
more than my daily food.  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB).
 
A couple of different devotionals that I follow have been going through the book of Job this month.  Reading about his trials makes most of ours seem trivial in comparison, they just don't match up to the extent of his loss and pain.  Still, we may have encountered friends (and family)  like Job, that gave him bad advice, much of it not even well intentioned.  How do we hold up to this.  Job is a model for perseverance and trust.  He questioned but he still trusted.

John MacArthur notes that"even though Job couldn't sense God's presence, he believed that He was present and affirmed his commitment to God's purpose in this test and his continued obedience to God's Word, which were the most important issues in his life." 

Have you experienced times when you haven't felt God's presence in a trial?  The important part is to believe, trust and realize that He is there with us, not to loose faith but to persevere to continue to walk in faith, to follow His steps, His commands, treasure them and cling to them, cling to Him "who through life has been your guide".

I'm reminded of the old Fanny Crosby Hymn "All the Way My Savior Leads Me".  Perhaps reading or singing this hymn may cause you to realize, to sense His presence today.

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.
  2. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Cheers each winding path I tread,
    Gives me grace for every trial,
    Feeds me with the living Bread.
    Though my weary steps may falter
    And my soul athirst may be,
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see;
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see.



Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Job 23:11-12The Message (MSG)

10-12 
"But he knows where I am and what I've done.
    He can cross-examine me all he wants, and I'll pass the test
        with honors.
I've followed him closely, my feet in his footprints,
    not once swerving from his way.
I've obeyed every word he's spoken,
    and not just obeyed his advice—I've treasured it.

No comments: