Saturday, June 27, 2015

Verse of the Day 6/27


Psalm 32:8I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;

    I will counsel you with my eye upon you.    English Standard Version (ESV)

Yesterday we considered "All the Way My Savior Leads Me" in relation to Isaiah 30;21 where God tells us "this is the way, walk in it."  I read Psalm 32 in my daily readings in Psalms and it brought me further down the path of God's instruction.

You will notice three key words in the verse instruct, teach, and counsel.  Instruction normally leads you through a process, just like you should follow the instruction manual when assembling and operating equipment.  Teaching involves more of learning and understanding concepts and principles.  We are to learn God's principles and apply them in our lives.  The counsel is more than just advice.  I go back to Isaiah 1:18 where God called Israel, come let's reason together.  Let's argue this out and come to an agreement.  In God's courts, I think you have a pretty good idea of who is on the right side of things.

We should realize that God "has his eye" on us, but not in a negative way.  He is our Teacher and the Mighty Counselor and He has plans and purposes for us.  Walking along His path is the best thing for us.  The question is what will we do with His teaching, instruction and  counsel?

I'll return to "All the Way My Savior Leads Me", today we'll close with the first stanza.  Frances Crosby was blind from the age of 6.  In a day when things were not as handicapped accessible, she truly had to be led where she would go.  She more than anyone else knew that she needed someone to lead and guide her, and most of all she knew that  Jesus needed to lead and guide  her spiritually through this life, looking forward to a time when all things, including her sight, would be restored.

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 32:7-9Amplified Bible (AMP)

You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble, You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Be not like the horse or the mule, which lack understanding, which must have their mouths held firm with bit and bridle, or else they will not come with you.

  

No comments: