Sunday, June 21, 2015

Verse of the Day 6/21

Verse of the Day 6/21

Proverbs 14:26 Reverence for God gives a man deep strength; his children have a place of refuge and security.  Living Bible (TLB)

Happy Father's Day!

Today is a day that is set aside to honor our fathers.  My grandfather and my father have passed away, but the influence of their lives on me continue to be seen in my life day by day.  I continue to use tools and other things that were used by both day by day.  More importantly, I continue to live by things that I learned from them over the years.

Today's verse especially reminds me of my dad.  Having a disability all of his life he never let it keep him down and did not let it limit what he did for his family, for his children.  Although he was not one that was vocal about his faith, his was a deep and quiet trust.  The grace of God gave him the strength to be a "see through-er" and not a "look at-er".  I have seen his influence in my children's life as well, to seek the Lord as a place of refuge and security.

Max Lucado writes, "No one can teach your child like you can. No nanny, Bible school teacher, aunt, or uncle has your authority. What a phenomenal privilege is yours. — Max Lucado."  Nobody else could have taught me with the influence of my parents and grandparents.  Likewise, no one else can teach our children as well as we can a reverence, a faith in God.  The faith of our father's can lead us to the same place of refuge and security if it is founded on a reverence for God.

My prayer is that you, in a world that needs it so desperately, would have this reverence, this deep strength, and that you would pass it along to your children, to the next generation.

All achievements, all possessions    All with time return to dust    Only God can be our reason    For deep and quiet trust    He will guard us from the dangers    That gladly make men fools    Apart from Him and all His meaning    All things fail as they begin    And hearts deceived    Can only know    A chasing of the wind  

Why do we live without Jesus?    Why do we waste another day?    He is the life that sustains us    The only hope for us today    So tell me, why do we live    Why do we live without Him?  (A Chasing of the Wind/ Why Do We Live Without Jesus - Steve Green)  

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Proverbs 14:25-27The Message (MSG)

25 Souls are saved by truthful witness
    and betrayed by the spread of lies.

26 The Fear-of-God builds up confidence,
    and makes a world safe for your children.

27 The Fear-of-God is a spring of living water
    so you won't go off drinking from poisoned wells.

  

No comments: