Saturday, November 11, 2017

Verse of the Day 11/11

Verse of the Day 11/11

Hebrews 7:25New King James Version (NKJV)

25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

I had another verse in mind for this morning but as I read today's verse at the end of my devotional reading, I just had to stop, and think for a little while about how we are "saved to the uttermost".  Why don't you do the same; stop and think about what that does for you, what it means to you?

There are two aspect to this, we are save "to" the uttermost, to the utmost heights of heaven, above and beyond.  A glorious place beyond our imagination where we will dwell in the presence of God. 

The other aspect is that we are saved from something.  From punishment, from guilt, from pressures, hopelessness, fears .... and the list goes on.  On our own it would be hopeless, there would be no way for us to cross to the other side because a great chasm has been fixed (Luke 26:26).  But there is a way.  It comes at a price that we cannot pay.  But we have been redeemed, the price has been paid for us and Jesus Christ, the One who paid the price of redemption is interceding for us.  Take hold of that for a minute, or a lifetime.

As these thoughts came to mind and this verse came to mind so did the song from Big Daddy Weave:

Seems like all I can see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me "son
Stop fighting a fight that's already been won"
All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head"
I remember oh God, You're not done with me yet

I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains
And wipe away every stain now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed
I'm redeemed

If you are a child of God but you've been feeling haunted or shackled by the past, shake them off , Jesus has delivered you, you are redeemed and He will save you to the uttermost.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Hebrews 7:23-28The Message (MSG)

23-25 Earlier there were a lot of priests, for they died and had to be replaced. But Jesus' priesthood is permanent. He's there from now to eternity to save everyone who comes to God through him, always on the job to speak up for them.

26-28 So now we have a high priest who perfectly fits our needs: completely holy, uncompromised by sin, with authority extending as high as God's presence in heaven itself. Unlike the other high priests, he doesn't have to offer sacrifices for his own sins every day before he can get around to us and our sins. He's done it, once and for all: offered up himself as the sacrifice. The law appoints as high priests men who are never able to get the job done right. But this intervening command of God, which came later, appoints the Son, who is absolutely, eternally perfect.

No comments: