Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Verse of the Day 11/28

Verse of the Day  11/28
 
Ephesians 1:7-8  In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight  English Standard Version (ESV)
 
This passage has been coming up on the "notes page" in my study Bible each day as I read through the New Testament reading since the passage came up in the read through the Bible plan.  I have highlighted the words "in him".  Take a minute, better yet, take several, or as much time as it will take to think of all that we have "in Him".  Read through the passage go get you going.  It is one of those passages that I need, we all need to be reminded of from time to time.
 
For today, I'd like to focus on forgiveness and what it means to be forgiven in Christ.
 
Charles Spurgeon writes, "What riches of grace does free forgiveness exhibit! To forgive at all, to forgive fully, to forgive freely, to forgive forever! Here is a constellation of wonders; and when I think of how great my sins were, how dear were the precious drops which cleansed me from them, and how gracious was the method by which pardon was sealed home to me, I am in a maze of wondering worshipping affection. I bow before the throne which absolves me, I clasp the cross which delivers me, I serve henceforth all my days the Incarnate God, through whom I am this night a pardoned soul. "
 
Through Jesus Christ we have forgiveness, redemption, the price, the penalty for our sin has been taken care of it and as The Message states below "we're a free people".  The weight of the sin and the penalties and punishments of them has been lifted.  We should live that way, free, abundantly free, in Christ.
 
In Christ I can do all things
In Christ I mount up on eagle's wings
In Christ I wait for a great reward
That I have in store
In Christ I have His righteousness
In Christ I have what I confess
In Christ I don't worry about all the rest
Cause everything I need to be is in Christ   (Big Daddy Weave)
 
 
Blessings,
Mike
 
Ephesians 1:7-10The Message (MSG)
7-10 Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.
 
 

 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: