Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Verse of the Day 2/28

Daniel 10:19   And he said, "O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage." And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me."   English Standard Version (ESV)

I referenced this verse the other day in a post and the verse and ones like it in Daniel 9 and 10 have been on my mind and have been the subject of several conversations over the past couple of days.  Stop and think about it for a minute, think about it longer than that.  You are greatly loved by God, the Creator of the universe who hung the billions upon billions of stars in the sky, who created all there is "greatly loves" you.

Another reason to be reminded of this great love is to think what God has done for you, as insignificant as you may feel sometimes in this big world that is just a speck of dust in comparison to the universe, God loves you.  It was the message of Billy Graham and other evangelists through the past century.

I was working in the garage last night and while listening to a Steven Curtis Chapman CD when the song "No Greater Love" came on.

Man of courage with your message of peace
What is that look in your eyes?
Why have you come to this faraway place?
What is this story you would lay down your life to tell?
What kind of love can this be?
There is no greater love than this
There is no greater gift that can ever be given
To be willing to die, so another might live
There is no greater love than this

John 15:13   Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.  English Standard Version (ESV)

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Daniel 10:19 The Message (MSG)

18-19 "Then this humanlike figure touched me again and gave me strength. He said, 'Don't be afraid, friend. Peace. Everything is going to be all right. Take courage. Be strong.'

"Even as he spoke, courage surged up within me. I said, 'Go ahead, let my master speak. You've given me courage.'

No comments: