Sunday, December 29, 2019

Verse of the Day 12/29

Verse of the Day 12/29

Philippians 3:13-14  I don't depend on my own strength to accomplish this;[a] however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead. 14 I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory-prize through the anointing of Jesus.   The Passion Translation (TPT)

There are only a few days left in the year and in the decade of the 2010's and you will see a lot of news clips and articles with "the year in review" of "the decade in review", taking a look at what has happened over recent history.  It is not wrong to do so, but we should not dwell on it, our eyes and our hearts should be looking towards what lies ahead with a focus and a goal in mind "the upward call of Christ" (NKJV).

This past year may have been filled with plenty of challenges, healthwise, financially or emotionally and the future may look uncertain.  One thing that we can be sure of is that God is in control, and that if we "press on" if we persevere in Him, we can look forward in hope.

Throughout the Bible we see people that had difficult times that taxed them to their limit, but they persevered and "won the prize", many of them listed in the "Hall of Faith" in Hebrews 11.  David Jeremiah notes, "Peter moved past denying Christ to become the rock of the church.  Joseph surrendered the betrayal and loss of his family to serve God with passion and purpose.  Regardless of what the past has held, turn your eyes to God.  Trust His redemptive power for a new beginning."

Whatever has happened in this past year, and as you look ahead and perhaps set some goals for the year, think of some spiritual goals and fasten your hearts to them trusting God to help you achieve those goals.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Philippians 3:12-16 New King James Version (NKJV)

Pressing Toward the Goal

12 Not that I have already attained,[a] or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have [b]apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already [c]attained, let us walk by the same [d]rule, let us be of the same mind.

No comments: