Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Verse of the Day 12/3

Verse of the Day 12/3

Psalm 16:11  You will show me the path of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.   New King James Version (NKJV)

For many, finding and figuring out their path in life can bring a lot of anxiety and conflict.  Which path do I take that will bring the most reward?  It is easy to get caught up in it and there are difficult choices to make in life that are important.  As a Christian, we may have some of these feelings but underneath it all we need to have faith in God and seek His will and trust that He will lead us where we need to go.

Billy Graham writes, "God's gift of redemption says, "I will buy you back with My blood because I love you. I will free you from the chains of sin. I will settle the conflict within and give peace to your soul. But you must come to Me with a repentant heart. You must be willing to be redeemed. You must exchange your sin-blackened heart for a new heart that is cleansed by My blood."  

One word from today's verse that caught my attention in today's verse is the word "presence".  In this season many are thinking of "presents" when what they really need is presence.  They need the presence of their Savior and also the presence of family and friends to share the joys of the season.

Thinking about "presence" brought to mind one line of the hymn "I Surrender All", it is the desire to "in His presence daily live".  It takes surrender, and if we do so He will show us the path of life.

  1. All to Jesus I surrender,
    All to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.
    • Refrain:
      I surrender all,
      I surrender all;
      All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all.
  2. All to Jesus I surrender,
    Humbly at His feet I bow;
    Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
    Take me, Jesus, take me now.
  3. All to Jesus I surrender,
    Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
    Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
    Truly know that Thou art mine.
  4. All to Jesus I surrender,
    Lord, I give myself to Thee;
    Fill me with Thy love and power,
    Let Thy blessing fall on me
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 16:5-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You [a]maintain my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Yes, I have a good inheritance.

I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My [b]heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will [c]rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in [d]Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to [e]see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments: