Thursday, June 11, 2020

Verse of the Day 6/11

Verse of the Day 6/11

Matthew 10:29-30  Aren't two sparrows sold for only a penny? But your Father knows when any one of them falls to the ground. 30 Even the hairs on your head are counted.   Contemporary English Version (CEV)

I don't know exactly why these verses came to my mind this morning but the verses and the short passage below are good reminders for us in times of uncertainty that God is in control and He has His eye on things, most importantly, us.  If he provides for the wild creatures which we often think of as being insignificant, just think how much He must care for us, enough to send Jesus to die for us and to rise from the dead to show us that He has the power even beyond death itself.

I like the heading to the passage in the NKJV below, "Have No Fear".  What is causing fear and anxiety in your life today.  Say those words to yourself "Have No Fear.

Whenever I read these verses I cannot help but think of and listen in my mind to the Darnell Harris version of "His Eye is on the Sparrow".  Read the words below and remember as verse 31 states, "you are more valuable than many sparrows". 

Why should I feel discouraged?
And why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for heavenly home
When Jesus is my portion?
And my constant friend is He
You know, his eye is on the little sparrow
And I know he cares for you and me
His eye is on the little sparrow
And I know God is watching over you and me
I sing because my soul is a happy
I sing because I'm free
For His eye, it is on the little sparrow
And I know He's watching over you and me

May you sing because you are happy and free because He is watching over thee.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Matthew 10:26-33 English Standard Version (ESV)

Have No Fear

26 "So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[a] 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[b] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

No comments: