Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Verse of the Day 6/23

Verse of the Day 6/23

Psalm 119:111-112  They will always be

my most prized possession
    and my source of joy.
112 I have made up my mind
to obey your laws forever,
    no matter what.     Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Today's verses came up yesterday in my daily reading in the Psalms, currently going through Psalm 119, 16 verses a day.  Verse 105 (below) begins with the familiar "your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path".  As a student of God's Word I would have to say that God's Word is a prized possession and source of joy.  Through good times and bad, through the ups and downs and the emotional roller coasters of life, His Word is a grounding force and a source of comfort and strength.  I have made up my mind that I will continue to be a student of God's Word as long as I am able.

I think that it is significant that the longest chapter in the Bible is virtually "all about" God's word in the form of statutes; principles; decrees and commands.  The other thing to consider that the whole of the Bible, Old Testament and New point to Jesus as Lord and Savior; Redeemer and Friend.

Read the passage below then pause and think about it.  Perhaps go onto the next passage.  How does it speak to you?  No matter what you are facing today, as a child of His, remember that Jesus; the Word made flesh; commands our destiny.

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.


No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand:
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand. 

(In Christ Alone- Stuart Townend)




--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 119:105-112 English Standard Version (ESV)

Nun

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
    and a light to my path.
106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
    to keep your righteous rules.
107 I am severely afflicted;
    give me life, O Lord, according to your word!
108 Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O Lord,
    and teach me your rules.
109 I hold my life in my hand continually,
    but I do not forget your law.
110 The wicked have laid a snare for me,
    but I do not stray from your precepts.
111 Your testimonies are my heritage forever,
    for they are the joy of my heart.
112 I incline my heart to perform your statutes
    forever, to the end.

No comments: