Friday, June 12, 2020

Verse of the Day 6/12

Verse of the Day 6/12

Psalm 139:11-12 Or suppose I said, "I'll hide

in the dark
    until night comes
    to cover me over."
12 But you see in the dark
    because daylight and dark
    are all the same to you.    Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Sometimes  you see the storm clouds building and gradually darkness overcomes you as the storm hits.  We want to take cover, seek shelter to wait the storm out.  As we go through various storms in life it can feel the same way and we just want to withdraw, to go away and hide by ourselves.  Sometimes we may even want to hide from God, but He "sees in the dark".  He has no trouble seeing us where we are at any time.  Nothing can hides and nothing can separate us from Him.  We should take comfort in that

Those dark times are commonly when we may be questioning God about the present storm, the present circumstances.  It is in those times that we need to have the grace of God in our lives.  Pastor Matt Chandler writes, "The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm."  By God's grace, may you be able to feel His goodness, His grace and His presence in this storm.

It is not our time to hide in the dark.  We have things to to by His grace and power.  Thomas Brooks writes:

Ah, beloved, have not you need to improve your time--who have so much work to do in so short a time:
  your souls to save,
  a God to honor,
  a Christ to exalt,
  a Hell to escape,
  a race to run,
  a crown to win,
  temptations to withstand,
  corruptions to conquer,
  afflictions to bear,
  mercies to improve, and
  your generation to serve!

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

We have a "generation" to serve.  Many of us have several generations to serve -our kids, grandkids and parents generations along with our own.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 139:9-14 English Standard Version (ESV)

If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,"
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.

13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.

No comments: