Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Verse of the Day 3/16

Verse of the Day 3/16

1 Peter 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,  New King James Version (NKJV)

I've mentioned it before, one of my oldest son Jeff's favorite sayings is "hope is my favorite thing to have".  It is not a blind hope, or even a wishful hope, it is an anchor (see Hebrews 6:18-19)for his faith, for his soul, for his life here and for eternity.  It is all possible because of Jesus' resurrection that is testified to in the Bible and attested to by faithful followers through the ages.  This kind of hope doesn't diminish or fade but continues through life and all of it's ups and downs, joys and pains.

Easter, the day set aside to remember and celebrate this, is still a few weeks away, but it doesn't need to be Easter to celebrate it and what it means for us. The resurrection of our Lord is the single greatest event in history. Had the Lord merely died, He would have been considered a great teacher and a moral leader, but He would not have proven Himself God. By coming out of the grave, He triumphed over death and hell, showed His sacrifice on the cross as being acceptable to God, and gave hope of eternal life to everyone who puts their trust in Him.


I serve a risen Savior
  He's in the world today.
I know that He is living,
  Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
  I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
  He's always near.
  He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart.
2
In all the world around me
  I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary,
  I never will despair;
I know that He is leading,
  Through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing
  Will come at last.
3
Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
  Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
  To Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him,
  The Help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
  So good and kind.
Read the passage below.  Do you "greatly rejoice" in the thought of this?    --   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

1 Peter 1:3-9

A Heavenly Inheritance

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance [b]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been [c]grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not [d]seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

No comments: