Thursday, March 25, 2021

Verse of the Day 3/25

Verse of the Day 3/25

Psalm 86:15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious,

Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.    New King James Version (NKJV)

We are continuing to look at verses that can be applied to the hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and we're still in the first stanza, today considering "thy compassions they fail not".  

As I was having my devotions this morning, my reading in the Psalms took me to Psalm 8, which is one of my favorite Psalms where we read,

Psalm 8:3-4 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,

The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?     New King James Version (NKJV)

These thoughts that the Creator of the universe is not only mindful of us, but loves us so much that Jesus came and dwelt among men, died for us, and rose from the dead that we too may have eternal life and live with Him forever.  He shows this love for us throughout our lives in the grace, compassion, and mercy He shows to us.  It is nothing we deserve, but God is "longsuffering"  willing to put up with a lot from us day after day yet remains abundant in mercy.

Read the passage below or perhaps all of Psalm 86.  May we have heats that ask the Lord to teach us His ways, guide us to walk in His truth, realizing that His love and mercy is great "towards us".  May we also respond in praise to Him for His great faithfulness in "summer, winter, springtime and harvest".

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 86:11-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
[a]Unite my heart to fear Your name.
12 I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And I will glorify Your name forevermore.
13 For great is Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of [b]Sheol.

14 O God, the proud have risen against me,
And a mob of violent men have sought my life,
And have not set You before them.
15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious,
Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.

No comments: