Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Verse of the Day 3/31

Verse of the Day 3/31

Psalm 18:1-2 I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  New King James Version (NKJV)

Today we will conclude our look at verses that I associate with the hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" with a couple of verses from Psalm 18.  These verses just happened to come up in my daily reading in the Psalms but they fit in well with what we've been considering.  The third stanza of the hymn reads like this:

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside

The person who has received God's pardon, through His grace, will attest to the fact that the Lord is His strength, today and every day.  Each day we get up and have not idea of what the world has in store for us.  Many days may go just as we plan, but there are other days when will acknowledge that we didn't see it coming.  It is then that we have to decide whom we will put our faith and trust in.  For those of us who call ourselves Christians it is the Lord our strength, our rock, our fortress and deliverer, 

I'm sure that as you read these verses other Bible verses, passages and hymns came to mind.  Perhaps Psalm 46; Matthew 7:24-27 and the house on the rock; or perhaps one of my favorites Isaiah 40:28-31.

Isaiah 40:28-31. Have you not known?

Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.    New King James Version (NKJV)

As you prepare to head out and face the day, spend some time in His Word and in prayer, acknowledge ahead of time that the Lord is your strength.


In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness  of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


Psalm 18:1-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

God the Sovereign Savior

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David the servant of the Lord, who spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said:

18 will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my [a]strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the [b]horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lordwho is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

The pangs of death surrounded me,
And the floods of [c]ungodliness made me afraid.
The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;
The snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.



No comments: