Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Verse of the Day 3/24

Verse of the Day 3/24

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.     New King James Version (NKJV)

We are still considering Bible verses that come to mind from the hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and we're still in the first stanza.  What we will consider today is the statement in the hymn, "Thou changest not".

Change is part of our lives every day.  Seasons change, we just moved from winter to spring and enjoy the sunshine, the birds, the flowers and everything associated with spring.  We change.  It is not too difficult to realize that we are not the same person that we used to be.  From toddler to teenager, college student, getting married, raising children, and enjoying our grandchildren.  We are the same person but very different at each one of those stages in life.

Aren't you thankful that God, that Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever?  He won't fall out of love for us.  He won't change His mind about us.  He is always for us.  Think about those things and spend some time adding to it.

I'm reminded of the praise chorus that we sang in our youth group back in the high school days when I was thin and had blonde wavy hair.  I am not the same person, thankfully, Jesus is.

Yesterday He died for me, yesterday, yesterday;

yesterday, He died for me, yesterday.

Yesterday He died for me, died for me…

this is history.

Today He lives for me, today, today;

today, He lives for me, today.

Today He lives for me, lives for me…

this is victory.

Tomorrow He comes for me, He comes, He comes;

Tomorrow, He comes for me, He comes.

Tomorrow He comes for me, comes for me…

this is mystery.

Be thankful that He doesn't change and that Jesus died for us, lives for us and in us; and one day, He will come  back for us.


--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Hebrews 13:7-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

Concluding Religious Directions

Remember those who [a]rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Do not be carried [b]about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.

No comments: