Saturday, March 6, 2021

Verse of the Day 3/6

Verse of the Day 3/6

Jeremiah 32:40-41 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. 41 Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.'   New King James Version (NKJV)

Over the past couple of days I've read devotionals that dealt with two of my favorite Old Testament verses and passages.  Yesterday I read from Isaiah chapter 40 where we read "those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."   Keep in mind the word shall that is repeated in this verse and take it to heart.  If we're feeling down, worn out and fatigued from all that is going on around us, we shall renew our strength.  We shall run again, and we shall not faint."  Whether it is here on this earth or after our final breath here, it "shall" happen.

Today's verse is another one that we can and should "latch onto".  God is speaking of His people, His children, then and now when He says He will not "turn away from doing good to them" and He will rejoice in doing good.  But now pay attention to the last part "with all My Heart and with all My soul".  We are called to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, but when we think of this we should be reminded that in doing so we are only doing what God has always been doing for us.  How  does that make you feel this morning?

John Piper writes, "This is one of those promises of God that I come back to again and again when I get discouraged. Can you think of any fact more encouraging than that God rejoices to do you good? Not just does you good. Not just is committed to doing you "good"- glorious as that is. But that he rejoices to do you good. I will rejoice in doing them good.....He doesn't begrudgingly fulfill the promise in Romans 8:28 to work everything together for our good. It is his joy to do you good. And not just sometimes. Always! I will not turn away from doing good to them." There are no lapses in his commitment or in his joy in doing good to his children -" to those who trust him."

No matter what you face today, stand on these promises of God.

Standing on the promises of Christ my King
Through eternal ages let his praises ring
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing
Standing on the promises of God
Standing, standing
Standing on the promises of God my Savior
Standing, standing
I'm standing on the promises of God
Standing on the promises I cannot fall
Listening every moment to the Spirit's call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all
Standing on the promises of God
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Jeremiah 32:37-41 New King James Version (NKJV)

37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries where I have driven them in My anger, in My fury, and in great wrath; I will bring them back to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely. 38 They shall be My people, and I will be their God; 39 then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them. 40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. 41 Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will [a]assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.'

No comments: