Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Verse of the Day 3/9

Verse of the Day 3/9


Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,

    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.  New International Version (NIV)

As I was having my devotions this morning and read today's verse, I was sitting in my recliner looking out through the windows across my back porch and watched the sky turn from pink to orange and then to full sun to begin what looks to be a beautiful North Carolina day.  I couldn't help but offer a prayer of praise and thanksgiving to God for all of His blessings, not the least of which was this sunrise in the sky.  I also praise Him for His word and the opportunity to come to Him in prayer and in His Word.

All too often we have our plans for the day and don't run them past God first.  It is easy just to head out on our own without giving thought for what He would have us do this day or any day.  As we read the verse it begs the question "do I trust God with my life"?  If so, we should be seeking Him and asking Him to lead the way.

As we head out into the world today, may we seek Him and recognize that "this is the day" that He has made.  Let's rejoice and be glad in it.

This is the day, this is the day.
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice, we will rejoice,
And be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord has made.

Psalm 118:24 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.



Blessings, 

Mike 

Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Psalm 143:7-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

Answer me speedily, O Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I [a]be like those who [b]go down into the pit.
Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.
Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies;
[c]In You I take shelter.
10 Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.
11 Revive me, O Lord, for Your name's sake!
For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 In Your mercy cut[d] off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I am Your servant.

No comments: