Friday, April 16, 2021

Verse of the Day 4/16


Verse of the Day 4/16

Job 19:25-26 For I know that my Redeemer lives,

   

 and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
26 And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
    yet in  my flesh I shall see God,   English Standard Version


According to many Bible scholars the book of Job may be the oldest book of the Bible.  Regardless, it is at least one of the oldest books and has been with us for thousands of years.  Today's verses gives us a message of hope for God followers through the ages.  The sentiment is basically what we see throughout the Bible, including Romans 8:28 where we've been considering how "all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose."  It is because the Apostle Paul knew that his "Redeemer lives" and that he too would see God; with a new body and free from the ailment that he had prayed to have God remove.

The end of life can be traumatic for anyone, but for those who do not know the Savior it can be absolutely terrifying.  But for those who know and love the Lord their can be a peace and a "hope as an anchor" that holds them securely and gives them confidence with an expectation of joy and renewal once this final dark night of the soul has passed.

As we have the opportunity may we share what we believe and know, that our Redeemer lives, and one day we will see God in the flesh, in a new resurrected body.

We'll close with a Fanny Crosby hymn "All the Way My Savior Leads Me".

All the way my Savior leads me;
  What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
  Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
  Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate'er befall me,
  Jesus doeth all things well,
For I know, whate'er befall me,
  Jesus doeth all things well.

All the way my Savior leads me,
  Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for every trial,
  Feeds me with the living bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
  And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
  Lo! a spring of joy I see,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
  Lo! a spring of joy I see.




In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness  of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


Job 19:23-29
English Standard Version



23 "Oh that my words were written!
    Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
24 Oh that with an iron pen and lead
    they were engraved in the rock forever!
25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
    and at the last he will stand upon the earth.[a]
26 And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
    yet in[b] my flesh I shall see God,
27 whom I shall see for myself,
    and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
    My heart faints within me!
28 If you say, 'How we will pursue him!'
    and, 'The root of the matter is found in him,'[c]
29 be afraid of the sword,
    for wrath brings the punishment of the sword,
    that you may know there is a judgment."



No comments: