Saturday, April 17, 2021

Verse of the Day 4/17

Verse of the Day 4/17

John 17:24-25. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me.  English Standard Version

Today's verses come from John 17 and from what many refer to as His High Priestly prayer.  At the end of this prayer he prays to the Father for all of us that have been adopted as His children.  When those of us who call Him Savior come to the end of our lives and see His glory firsthand.  Reading this I picture Stephen while being stoned in Acts chapter 7, " full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God."

We may have no control of how and when our life on earth will come to an end, but we can know that He sees us and has what's best for us still to come.

As I was writing this a song came on the music station that I have on in the background by Hillary Scott, 
"Thy Will".  It echos these sentiments.  No matter what we may be facing, Jesus is interceding for us and we can be confident that He has "good news in store" for us.

I know you see me  I know you hear me, Lord  Your plans are for me  Goodness you have in store  I know you hear me   I know you see me, Lord  Your plans are for me  Good news you have in store    So, thy will be done  Thy will be done   Thy will be done   Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is  Thy will be done

Blessings,
Mike











  Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness  of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 17:20-26
English Standard Version

20 "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

No comments: