Thursday, April 29, 2021

Verse of the Day 4/29


Verse of the Day 4/29

Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  New King James Version

In this Psalm David expresses his trust in the Lord through the course of his life.  The rest of the Psalm, including the portion below, indicates that he has the same confidence, the same trust in God beyond this life, into eternal life.

If we have been trusting  God, believing in Jesus Christ and have been led by His Spirit day by day in our lives, we need not have a fear of death.
 
David Jeremiah writes, "We will all face death.  So we should prepare for it now - like the psalmist David did.  In Psalm 16 , we find his confidence in God even when he faced death.  And he uses a beautiful interchange of images;  In life, David could not be shaken because God sat at his right hand as his counselor.  But in death, he would not be moved because he would be at God's right hand.  He would not abandon him to the grave.  Instead, he would enjoy eternal please and joy in His presences."

We can have that same confidence.  Do you lack it?  Call on Him today.  Seek Him, trust Him and lean on Him day by day, standing on His promises.  David would have agreed with the words of the old hymn.

Standing on the promises of Christ my King
Through eternal ages let his praises ring
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing
Standing on the promises of God
Standing, standing
Standing on the promises of God my Savior
Standing, standing
I'm standing on the promises of God
Standing on the promises I cannot fall
Listening every moment to the Spirit's call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all
Standing on the promises of God


Blessings,

Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Psalm 16:7-11
New King James Version

I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My [a]heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will [b]rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in [c]Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to [d]see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


No comments: