Sunday, April 18, 2021

Verse of the Day 4/18


Verse of the Day 4/18

Matthew 11:28-29. Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Put My yoke upon your shoulders—it might appear heavy at first, but it is perfectly fitted to your curves. Learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble of heart. When you are yoked to Me, your weary souls will find rest.  The Voice

Most often when I have read and thought about these verses, I've thought about them more in terms of Jesus' call to saving faith and casting our burdens and cares upon Him.  These verses also remind us, especially in The Voice translation, that "our yoke" has been custom fitted for us and Jesus comes alongside us to carry the burden fro the long haul.

Yesterday, while visiting my mom who is currently in hospice care, and considering Stephen in Acts chapter 7 and others that faced their end of life with Jesus in view, I felt that this call is also for those who are ready to be released from life's burdens here on earth and are ready to meet Jesus faith to faith and find rest for their weary souls.

While these thoughts were going through my mind the song "There Was Jesus" by Zach Williams and Dolly Parton came on the music channel that was on in the room.  As Stephen looked up, there was Jesus, throughout history when His chosen ones took there final breath, there was Jesus.  May we say at the end of our life, "there's Jesus".

In the waiting, in the searching
In the healing and the hurting
Like a blessing buried in the broken pieces
Every minute, every moment
Where I've been and where I'm going
Even when I didn't know it or couldn't see it
There was Jesus
On the mountain, in the valleys (There was Jesus)
In the shadows of the alleys (There was Jesus)
In the fire, in the flood (There was Jesus)
Always is and always was
No I never walk alone (Never walk alone)
You are always there








































In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness  of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Matthew 11:25-30
English Standard Version

Come to Me, and I Will Give You Rest

25 At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.[a] 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."


No comments: