Friday, May 27, 2022

Verse of the Day 5/27

Verse of the Day 5/27

Philippians 2:14-16 New International Version



14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky
Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

We are currently living in a time when there are a lot of things that we can argue, grumble and complain about.  We see a warped and crooked generation on display every day on the news in politics, the economy, COVID and more.  It is a time when we are aware that we live in the world but are not to be of the world.  Our source of hope, our source of confidence, or source of peace in times of adversity come from out of the world, through our faith in Jesus Christ.

When we live out our faith, it should stand out in stark contrast to the world around us.  In order to do so we must hold firmly to the faith that we have.  We have to believe that what we believe is really real.  As John Piper states, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." We don't live, we don't run or labor in vain, we look for a brighter day.

  1. Years I spent in vanity and pride,
    Caring not my Lord was crucified,
    Knowing not it was for me He died
    On Calvary.

    • Refrain:
      Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
      Pardon there was multiplied to me;
      There my burdened soul found liberty
      At Calvary.
  2. By God's Word at last my sin I learned;
    Then I trembled at the law I'd spurned,
    Till my guilty soul imploring turned
    To Calvary.
  3. Now I've giv'n to Jesus everything,
    Now I gladly own Him as my King,
    Now my raptured soul can only sing
    Of Calvary!




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Philippians 2:12-18
English Standard Version

Lights in the World

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. 17 Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 18 Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.


No comments: