Monday, May 9, 2022

Verse of the Day 5/9

Verse of the Day 5/9

John 1:12-13
English Standard Version



12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

We've been considering different world views and when I read today's verses I couldn't help but think that those who view the world through the lens that there is no God have no idea of what they are missing.  Just read these verses and let it sink in that you are a child of God.  Think of the joy that it brings, the hope that we have and the peace that passes understanding that are available to us because we have faith and trust in and have believed and received Jesus as our Savior. This is not something that we arrive at ourselves, out of our own will, but it flows from the will of God

Yesterday we sang the song by Cain, "I'm So Blessed", 

Trouble knocking at my door today
I ain't gonna let it in
And worry wanna steal my joy away
But I ain't gonna let it win

[Pre-Chorus]
'Cause on my best day, I'm a child of God
On my worst day, I'm a child of God
Oh, every day is a good day
And You're the reason why

I'm so blessed, I'm so blessed
Got this heartbeat in my chest
No, it doesn't matter about the rest
If I got You Lord, I'm so blessed

May you feel blessed today to be a child of God.

Ephesians 2:4-5
English Standard Version

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 1:9-18
English Standard Version

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own,[a] and his own people[b] did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son[c] from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.'") 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.[d] 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God,[e] who is at the Father's side,[f] he has made him known.


No comments: