Sunday, January 29, 2023

Verse of the Day 1/28

Verse of the Day 1/28



Matthew 11:28-29
New International Version



28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Many of you who are reading today's post have already attended church today.  Some went on autopilot, as something you do on Sunday.  Others may have felt a special need or a desire to worship and sing praise, others felt a need to hear what "the preacher" had to say; or what God would lay on their hearts.  Utlimately, we were responding to God's call, to "come to me".  We come to Him to find peace, comfort, rest, encouragement, hope, joy, love and other reasons.  Hopefully, we come acknowledging that He is the only one that can truly give us that "rest of our souls'.

Charles Spurgeon on the call "come", writes, "this is not only Christ's cry to you, but, if you be a believer, this is your cry to Christ--"Come! come!" You will be longing for his second advent; you will be saying, "Come quickly, even so come Lord Jesus." You will be panting for nearer and closer communion with him. As his voice to you is "Come," your response to him will be, "Come, Lord, and abide with me. Come, and occupy alone the throne of my heart; reign there without a rival, and consecrate me entirely to thy service."

I hope that his was part of your response today to say to the Lord, "come, abide with me and occupy the throne of my heart.

For my waking breath for my daily bread
I depend on You I depend on You
For the sun to rise for my sleep at night
I depend on You I depend on You

You're the way the truth and the life
You're the well that never runs dry
I'm the branch and You are the vine
Draw me close and teach me to abide

Where the Spirit leads as I'm following
I depend on You I depend on You
For the victories still in front of me
I depend on You I depend on You

You're the way the truth and the life
You're the well that never runs dry
I'm the branch and You are the vine
Draw me close and teach me to abide
Be my strength my song in the night
Be my all my treasure my prize
I am Yours forever Your mine
Draw me close and teach me to abide.        (Abide -Aaron Williams)




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Matthew 11:25-30
New International Version

The Father Revealed in the Son

25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


No comments: