Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Verse of the Day 3/14

Verse of the Day 3/14



1 Peter 4:10-11
English Standard Version



10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: 11 whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.


Yesterday in Isaiah 46 we considered how God formed us, carried us and said that I am He who "carries, has made, will bear and save us.  They are continual actions that are all reminders of His great grace, His great love lavished on us.

In 1 Peter 1:6 Peter speaks of the "various trials' that we will encounter.  They vary as the colors of the spectrum.  Here in 1 Peter 4, Peter calls us to serve one another being good stewards of God's "varied" grace.  God gives us the grace to overcome trials and He will often use His followers to help other believers.  He enables us to be a part of "meeting the need".

Pastor John Piper writes of this varied grace, "Future grace is "varied grace." It comes in many colors and shapes and sizes. This is one of the reasons spiritual gifts in the body are so diverse. The prism of your life will refract one of the colors of grace that would never come through my prism. There are as many future graces as there are needs in the body of Christ — and more. The purpose of spiritual gifts is to receive and dispense the future grace of God to those needs."

May we be alert and aware of the opportunities that God presents to us to meet the need of someone.  Perhaps someone reading this may help meet your need today.

I'm reminded of the old Fanny Crosby hymn that speaks of having been given "the grace for every trial'.  If you need it, may you find it in Him today.

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.
  2. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Cheers each winding path I tread,
    Gives me grace for every trial,
    Feeds me with the living Bread.
    Though my weary steps may falter
    And my soul athirst may be,
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see;
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see.
  3. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Oh, the fullness of His love!
    Perfect rest to me is promised
    In my Father's house above.
    When my spirit, clothed immortal,
    Wings its flight to realms of day
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way;
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way.


Blessings,

Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

1 Peter 4:7-11
English Standard Version

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: 11 whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.


No comments: