Monday, March 27, 2023

Verse of the Day 3/27

Verse of the Day 3/27


2 Corinthians 9:8
New King James Version



And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.


Recently, in 1 Peter we considered how we will face "various trials" but we are enabled to overcome them by God's "varied grace" (1 Peter 4:10).  In John 10:10 Jesus tells us that He came so that we might have life and have it more abundantly.  For me, today's verse in 2 Corinthians brings these thoughts together.  He gives us grace that we may abound, live abundantly, overflowing into the lives of others as we serve Him.

James Smith writes:

All grace dwells in God, and flows freely from Him. He is glorified in the communications of His grace to the most unworthy. You have received a little--He is able to make all of His grace abound toward you. The aboundings of His grace will produce . . .
  strong faith,
  great patience,
  deep humility,
  holy contentment,
  ardent love,
  joyful hope,
  warm zeal,
  Scriptural courage,
  and spiritual fortitude.

Jehovah is emphatically called . . .
  the God of all grace,
  the Father of mercies,
  the God of all comfort,
  the God of peace,
  the God of hope,
  the God of salvation.
All of these titles are full of comfort, and are calculated to inspire our souls with love, gratitude, and pleasure.


How is your spiritual fortitude today?  May God provide the varied grace that you need to face the challenges of the day, week and beyond.

1 All the way my Savior leads me–
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?
Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

2 All the way my Savior leads me–
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for ev'ry trial,
Feeds me with the living bread.
Though my weary steps may falter
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the rock before me,
Lo! a spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.

3 All the way my Savior leads me–
Oh, the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father's house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day,
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way.






Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

2 Corinthians 9:7-9
New King James Version



So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. As it is written:

"He has dispersed abroad,
He has given to the poor;
His righteousness endures forever."


No comments: