Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Verse of the Day 3/20

Verse of the Day 3/20


Ephesians 3:18-19
Holman Christian Standard Bible



18 (that we) may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God's love, 19 and to know the Messiah's love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

I read verse 19 above as a stand alone verse in a devotional this morning.  I couidn't just stop there but had to go back and read the passage beginning in verse 14.  The passage is a prayer for Paul's readers including us.  Read the passage below and consider what he prayed for.  That we are called, named by Him.  That we'd be strengthened with power from the Spirit in our "inner being".  That Christ would dwell in our hearts, rooted and grounded in love.  That we'd have strength to comprehend, to grasp how deep and wide, the heights and depths of His love. To know the love of Christ which is beyond comprehension and be filled with the fulness of God.

Do you need that today?  We haven't earned it, we don't deserve it. But is available to us because of the marvelous matchless grace of Jesus.

Read or sing the hymn below.  May it put spring in your step on this day of spring.

1 Wonderful grace of Jesus,
greater than all my sin;
how shall my tongue describe it,
where shall its praise begin?
Taking away my burden,
setting my spirit free,
for the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.

Refrain:
Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus,
deeper than the mighty rolling sea,
higher than the mountain, sparkling like a fountain,
all sufficient grace for even me;
broader than the scope of my transgressions, sing it!
greater far than all my sin and shame.
O magnify the precious name of Jesus, praise his name!

2 Wonderful grace of Jesus,
reaching to all the lost,
by it I have been pardoned,
saved to the uttermost.
Chains have been torn asunder,
giving me liberty,
for the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me. [Refrain]

3 Wonderful grace of Jesus,
reaching the most reviled,
by its transforming power
making me God's dear child,
purchasing peace and heaven
for all eternity,

for the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.







Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Ephesians 3:14-21
Holman Christian Standard Bible

Prayer for Spiritual Power

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father[a] 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named. 16 I pray that He may grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power in the inner man through His Spirit, 17 and that the Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith. I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God's love, 19 and to know the Messiah's love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us— 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.



No comments: