Monday, March 25, 2024

Verse of the Day 3/25

Verse of the Day 3/25


Ezekiel 36:26-27
New International Version



26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Our Monday Men's Bible study reviewed the parable of the "rich young ruler" in Matthew 19 this morning.  The young man asked Jesus "what must I do to inherit eternal life".  He thought that he had kept "all the commandments" since childhood but still obviously realized that he lacked something.  He had held onto his wealth and own works but had not held onto God, had not received Him, had not submitted to Him as Savior.
  
Today's verses also remind me of John 3 where Jesus told Nicomdemus "unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God".  Then in John 3:16 Jesus said, "whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life".  The one who believes receives from God a new heart and a new Spirit and the grace to follow Him.


That new heart draws near to the heart of God and finds a place of full release.

  1. There is a place of quiet rest,
    Near to the heart of God;
    A place where sin cannot molest,
    Near to the heart of God.
    • Refrain:
      O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
      Sent from the heart of God;
      Hold us, who wait before Thee,
      Near to the heart of God.
  2. There is a place of comfort sweet,
    Near to the heart of God;
    A place where we our Savior meet,
    Near to the heart of God.
  3. There is a place of full release,
    Near to the heart of God;
    A place where all is joy and peace,
    Near to the heart of God.





Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Ezekiel 36:24-32
New International Version

24 "'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. 30 I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices. 32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign Lord. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, people of Israel!


No comments: