Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Verse of the Day 7/11

Genesis 17:7 (ESV) And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you.
 
I read this passage in Genesis 17 this morning about the God's covenant with Abraham.  Having just come back from a baptism, the thoughts of future generations following God is fresh on my mind.  As a Christian, that should be our hearts desire for God "to be God" of the future generations and that God would bless them and that they in turn would be a blessing to others.
 
My thoughts went back to God's call to Abram back in Genesis 12.  God had a plan for him and promised blessing to Abram and to future generations of his offspring that would follow Him.
 
Genesis 12:3 (HCSB)  I will bless those who bless you,
I will curse those who treat you with contempt,
and all the peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.
 
May our prayer be "Make Me a Blessing" to future generations of our spiritual family.
 
Out in the highways and byways of life,
many are weary and sad;
are weary and sad
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife
making the sorrowing glad.

Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life
out of my life
May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O savior, I pray,
I pray Thee, my Savior,
Make me a blessing to someone today.
 
 Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love;
Tell of His pow'r to forgive;
His pow'r to forgive.
Others will trust Him if only you prove
true ev'ry moment you live.
 
Give as 'twas given to you in your need;
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed;
Unto your mission be true.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Genesis 17:4-8(ESV)
4 "Behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations. 5 No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations. 6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you. 8 And I will give to you and to your offspring after you the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God."

No comments: